NH Governor Chris Sununu and VT Governor Phil Scott joined a nationwide campaign to increase public awareness of construction careers by signing proclamations declaring October Careers in Construction Month (CiCM). To celebrate, we are sharing resources to help local companies highlight the opportunities and benefits of a sustainable career in construction.
With a variety of opportunities for people with all backgrounds and education levels, the construction industry allows for zero barriers to entry, infinite opportunities for growth and competitive salaries. I Build NH wants to make young people, career changers and those reentering the workforce aware of this and of the great opportunities available in the construction industry and trades.
How can you help? We’ve put together some suggestions on how you can help promote the industry during this CiCM 2022. Let’s have some fun showcasing our industry!
- Do you have company YouTube videos showing construction projects in New Hampshire? If so, share them with us and we’ll add them to our YouTube playlist, “Building NH”. Email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use your social media accounts to share the stories of the people on your team. It can be a photo with a few lines of text, or a short informal cell phone video. How did they get into the field? Why did they choose construction? What would they say to someone considering a career in construction? Be sure to use these tags: #CiCM #IBuildNH.
- Create short cell phone videos highlighting the various positions in your company. Here is an example from Interstate Electrical Services of a video showcasing a detailer’s job responsibilities. Be sure to use these tags: #CiCM #IBuildNH
- Check out all of the videos on our website that feature trades and NH projects.
- Educators, the NH PBS Learning Media offers supplemental training materials for trade specific careers.
During Careers in Construction Month, there is no better time to explore the infinite career opportunities the construction industry can provide.